Day Five – My last day – Lake Mead
Lake Mead was on the list of places to go that day, and this was near one of the boat launches. The sun was soo bright overhead and the clouds were starting to come in creating such a bright sky, it was hard to get a good photo. I don’t have any ND Grad filters, so I had to just wing it and see what I could do with what I had.
Needless to say, before my next trip, there will be a proper filter kit in my bag. Hopefully 🙂
If you go to my flickr site and look for a photo similar to the one above and look carefully, you will see a very small person fishing towards the end of the second rock “island” on the left in the water. I think that will help give you a better idea of the scale. The mountains look a lot closer when you take a photo, but the clouds were still pretty high in the sky at this time, so the haze is a result of distance as well.
More Lake Mead. I think that the Black and White helped give me a bit more contrast, especially in the sky.
After Lake Mead, I met up with my friend, we went to dinner and then up to the top of a big hill to take photos of the sunset over the Las Vegas strip. It wasn’t the most awe-inspiring sunset in the world, but it was a different view, and a fun time.
- Last Day – Lake Mead and Sunset over the Strip
- Bryce Canyon
- Zion – Day 2
- Zion – Starry Night and Sunrise
- Zion – Twilight
- Zion – Day 1
- Death Valley – Sand Dunes and Sunset
- Death Valley – Salt Flats and Artists Drive
- Death Valley – Day 1 Badwater Basin
- Day 1 – Las Vegas – Lake Mead Rec Area – Sunset
- Day 1 – Las Vegas – Valley of Fire State Park
- Day 1 – Las Vegas – Red Rock Continued
- Day 1 – Las Vegas – Sunrise Red Rock Canyon